Nutritious Navigation is a private nutrition counseling service run by 2 Registered Dietitians here in South Boston! Below we have 5 tips to offer for staying healthy through these upcoming summer months!
- Road trippin to the Cape and you’re stuck in traffic on Route 3? Make a point to pre-pack your snacks! Portion out 1oz (~ 1/4 cup) of nuts in smaller baggies. Smart snacking can prevent overeating at the next meal.
- Check out the farm stands around the city! Help support local farmers’ markets and enjoy fresh & local produce while you’re at it. Goodbye boring salads! The South Boston Farmers’ Market opens on June 6th!
- Don’t forget about food safety on those M Street Beach Days. As temperatures go up, the amount of time perishable foods can remain out of refrigeration does down. Avoid leaving food out for more than 1 hour in 90°F or higher. Pack the cooler folks!
- Think vegetables before the less-healthy items! No one says you can’t have the hot dog. But try to fill up on fibrous foods like a salad or veggie dish beforehand.
- Think of trade-offs. If you want the dessert, skip the appetizers. If you know you’re going to have more than 2 alcoholic drinks, skip the dessert. Plan ahead for the indulgences and try to approach each social event with a plan! (including getting back on track the very next day)
Check us out! www.nutritiousnavigation.com We currently accept insurance. Feel free to reach out for questions and enjoy the summer!