It's Tiki Week
It's Tiki Week at Local 149 - August 13th-19th. This tropical event features a Polynesian prix fix, a St. Barths Rhum launch party on Thursday, and a huge Tiki Bash on Saturday night. There will also be a raffle that includes $1,000 12 year rhum gift pack with 14K gold punch glasses. Proceeds from Thursday night's raffle goes to Scavenger Hunt in Southie and the Veterans of Foreign War.
Here's the scoop:
-free passed Polynesian apps on thursday's rhum launch from 5-6 pm, four featured cocktails straight from the Caribbean! St Barths!
-choose your own prix fixe adventure! Select three courses $35 Thursday through Saturday.
- Saturday night bash kicks off with a promotional tiki tent on the beach ( getting people from beach to head up to the party!) at 2 pm... Bikini's, hula skirts, lai's, and a very special local 149 tiki week t shirts and tanks!
- lots of special decor! Tiki torches at the door!! Lots of give-aways!
Launch PartyTiki Snacks
- Housemade Spam, fried eggs and rice plate
- Pepperjack burger, roasted pineapple and fried ham
- Mahi mahi fish sandwich, taro root chips and pickled mango
- Udon vegetable and shrimps tempura
- Beef Jerky
- Wild boar ribs with lychee BBQ
- Pork buns
- Sea bass ceviche
All week - Polynesian Prix-Fixe (available in addition to our regular a la carte menu)
- Tuna Poke with creamy macadamia and lychee vinaigrette, spicy lemon honey
- Pipikaula Short Ribs with pickled mango
- Sesame glazed tofu with pineapple and serrano pepper skewers
- Hawaiian BBQ of local hams with Hawaiian baked beans and daikon radish slaw
Tiki Drinks from the Bar
- DAVE'S DR. FUNK • Absinthe, Pomegranate syrup, Jamaican Rum
- ANKLEBREAKER • Lemon Hart 151, Cherry, Lemon
- MY OH MAI TAI • Jamaican Rum, Curaçao, Pistachio Orgeat
- SUFFERING BASTARD • Brandy, Gin, Lime Cordial, Ginger Beer
- SINGAPORE SLING • Gin, Cherry, Benedictine, Pineapple
- ZOMBIE • Grapefruit, cinnamon, falernum, pomegranate, lots of rum!
- BATHSALT CHASER • just a drink name right now, but this one will be stuuuuupid crazy
- OKINOCHIN • Indian rum, tiki bitters, orange, passion fruit
- POLYNESIAN POLYGAMY • blend of rums and fresh juices, serves four in a bowl.